Home » » Taming the Monster When I'd shifted enough pots

Taming the Monster When I'd shifted enough pots

Written By Unknown on Thursday, May 6, 2010 | 8:40 AM

Taming the Monster When I'd shifted enough pots

When I'd shifted enough pots on the back balcony to give me room to move, another space hogger confronted me. My wild asparagus.

I've blogged about his history a couple of times. He self-seeded in one of the containers (goodness knows how) and then stayed apparently dormant for several years, growing no more than four or five short fronds while the root system developed. Until one year he exploded.

Two years ago I'd had enough, turfed him out of his pot and cut back the roots. Radically. That held him for a year, but last year he was back in full swing and again quadrupled in size.

So I thought I'd try another tack. It was time to enrol him in the marines. Because what's the first thing that happens when you join the marines ?

Taming the Monster When I'd shifted enough pots
You get a haircut.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Home Design Inspirations Today - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger